- Start your day with a hearty German breakfast at a local cafe.
- Head to the Römerberg square in the heart of the old town. Explore the Römer, the historic city hall, and the surrounding half-timbered buildings.
- Visit St. Bartholomew’s Cathedral (Frankfurter Dom) nearby, known for its stunning architecture and panoramic views from the tower.
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the River Main’s promenade, taking in the city’s skyline.
- Visit the Goethe House and Museum, the former residence of the renowned writer Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
- Have lunch at a traditional German restaurant, trying local dishes like schnitzel or bratwurst.
- Explore the Museum Embankment, home to several world-class museums. Consider visiting the Städel Museum for art enthusiasts.
- Enjoy dinner at a cozy restaurant in Sachsenhausen, known for its apple wine (Ebbelwoi) and traditional taverns.
Day 2: Modern Frankfurt and Nature
- Start your day at the Main Tower, one of Frankfurt’s tallest skyscrapers. Take the elevator to the observation deck for panoramic views of the city.
- Visit the Palmengarten, a beautiful botanical garden with a wide variety of plants from around the world.
- Have lunch at a trendy cafe in the Westend district.
- Explore the Senckenberg Natural History Museum, one of the largest natural history museums in Germany.
- Walk through the financial district and marvel at the modern architecture, including the European Central Bank.
- Enjoy dinner at a restaurant in the Bahnhofsviertel district, known for its diverse international cuisine.
- If you’re interested in nightlife, explore some of Frankfurt’s bars and clubs, especially around the Bahnhofsviertel and Ostend areas.
Day 3: Day Trip to Nearby Attractions
- Take a day trip to Heidelberg, a picturesque town about an hour away by train. Explore the stunning Heidelberg Castle, walk along the charming old town’s streets, and enjoy the views of the Neckar River.
- Have lunch at a traditional German restaurant in Heidelberg.
- Visit the Philosophers’ Walk for scenic views of the town and the river.
- Return to Frankfurt in the late afternoon.
- Spend your last evening shopping and wandering around Zeil, Frankfurt’s main shopping street.
- Enjoy a farewell dinner at a restaurant of your choice, perhaps trying a fusion of international cuisines.
Remember that this itinerary is just a suggestion and can be adjusted based on your preferences and the opening hours of attractions. Also, check ahead of time for any COVID-19 related travel restrictions or changes in operating hours for the mentioned places.